Curry Buns (10 pieces)
Adapted from Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, who adapted from I Can Bake by Agnes Chang
Basic Sweet Bun Dough
- 400 g high protein flour, sifted (Bread flour)
- 100 g low protein flour, sifted (I used cake flour)
- 1 tsp bread improver, optional (I did not use)
- 10 g milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 100 g castor sugar (I used 50 g)
- 1 egg
- 220 ml water
- 75 g butter / margarine (I used 75 g of olive oil)
1 egg, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt
Pandan leaves cut into 1 cm strips, 10 pieces
- Put all ingredients A into a bowl or breadmaker and mix into a smooth dough (I mixed for 20 mins in the breadmaker)
- Add B (the butter or oil) and continue to knead until gluten has developed and it can be stretched into a very thin layer.
- Cover with a piece of damp cloth and leave to rise until it doubles in bulk. (1 hour)
- Punch down and knead again until smooth.
- Divide into desired portions (85 to 90g) and shape into balls.
- Cover with damp cloth and rest for 10-15 mins
- Fill with the curry filling (recipe below) and shape into rounds. Tie each bun with 1 strip of pandan leave.
- Leave to rise till double (about 30 mins).
- Egg wash, and bake at 200*C for about 15 mins.